Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Country Throwdown June 12 2010

This concert was AMAZING! I loved it! Even with the pouring rain and freezing cold it was so fun! My friend Jared came with and hopefully he enjoyed it too! I LOVE country music and this was an all day concert with about 15 srtist playing through out the day, it's basically the country version of Warp Tour. It started at 1:00 and went until about 11. So some of these pictures got really rearranged and it wouldnt let me move them, so sorry its in random orders, I hope I got the captions right.

These 1 were the first two who sang, They were under the Bluebird Cafe tent.
I dont really remeber anything he sang or either of their names, but she was amazing
and only 14 or 15!
The bluebird cafe tent was where the really new artist sang, ones who's songs hadnt been on the radio yet, but a lot had hit songs they had written but were song by other people Like Josh Turner and Josh Gracin and a few others.

Emily West was next on the stage next to this one, I love her music (Rocks in Your Shoes, Blue Skys)


Brad Tursi, He used to be the lead guitar player for Josh Gracin, I think he even wrote one of Josh's hit songs.



Troy Olson- Hes written songs for Tim McGraw and Blake Shelton. His first song just hit radios a month or so ago called Summer Things. He is a way good singer and was super nice to!


Little Big Town has a song called Little White Church, It was there single at the time so at every concert they had someone get married (seriously) The guy marrying them is Mike Winder, hes the Mayor of West Valley, he is also the author of presidents and prophets.


Ashley Ray, We missed her singing on the bluebird stage but she later sang on the main stage in between the main openers. Shes so nice I love her music!



This is Jared and I with Jack Ingram. He was actually a lot nicer than I had expected him to be, I had seen him in concert before when he opened for Martina McBride and really didnt like him after (not his music, I love his music, but him) he had just seemed really full of himself and kinda creepy but he was a lot different this concert and was actually way nice.


this is Walker Hayes, his first song is currently on the radio. its called Pants, Its weird, but all his other songs are really good! :)
This one and the One below are Heidi Newfield! I love her music she is so good! and was also way nice when we met her!!!
Add caption


Jared and I with Sarah Buxton and Jedd Hughes, they just joined together as Buxton-Hughes. I dont know anything about him, but her music is great (She wrote stupid boy for Keith Urban) Her current single is Outside My Window whioch is anoter of my favorite songs


Little Big Town- LOVE them! Second time ive seen them. Theyre so good! I cant wait for them to come back!

 Eric Church he was good, kinda strange (hes really passionate about his music or something and kept hitting himself in the chest during his songs)

Heather Morgan- I cant remember who she has written songs for but she was really talented and way sweet when we met her. (While on stage tho, there was cotton flying around and since it was so cold out that day she thought it was snowing.)







This is Jonathan Singleton and the Grove I LOVE them! There song called Look Whos Back In Love is one of my favorites! He (Jonathan) also wrote Why Dont We Just Dance which was a number 1 single Josh Turner. Ill have to find the video I took of them singing that song
This picture i really only added to show how hard it was raining, Its the lost trailers singing right now. After meeting them I dont like them. The lead singer said theyd be doing a signning because he said his grandma always told he should get out and  meet the little people. He didnt even come over to do the signing, he sent pre autographed pictures with his drummer and guitar player, When we asked if we could get a picture with them one ( I think he was the guitart player said of course but the drummer put his arm out and stopped him from moving said "No we dont that." Dead serious! haha so i dont like them now!

2 comments:

  1. awesome! with how many concerts you go to you could have a whole blog about concerts! welcome to the blogging world! my blog is misstashiba.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meleea, girl looks like you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete