Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MRI Results

We got my MRI results on Friday and they weren't good..... They were less than good! The tumor has grown significantly, my airway is now severely obstructed when 3 years ago it was only slightly obstructed. I have two aneurysms on my left carotid artery. One if which is really major and not in a good position and is already tearing. I was suppose to see a doctor today to see if he can do anything but after he looked over my results and scans his office called yesterday afternoon and canceled the appointment and said that there is nothing he can do.

The MRI itself tho was a hassle. They didnt want to run all the scans that the doctor had ordered saying "They were unnecessary and its just overkill to do that many." And that "you can just come back if you need more." Since when do the radiologists and techs get to decide what is necessary? So they only did 2 of them, took out my IV and said they were done. Lucky my mom was there and told them that they had no choice and they were doing all scans requested they took me back hooked up another IV (which is seriously the worst part about these things for me, I HATE HATE HATE needles with a passion, they're the worst things ever to me) They then ran the last 3 scans. If they hadn't done these they wouldnt have found the aneurysms.

So thats about all the results I have for now. We're working on some other doctors to see, but really in my case they never really know anything and since my case is so rare its pretty much all just experimental because they don't ever have anything to compare it to.

1 comment:

  1. You are so strong. I know you can make it through this. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete